The objectives of the Institute are to:
- Function as an effective leader, role model, and advocate for clients in clinical practice and in education.
- Integrate knowledge of theory and research in advance nursing areas.
- Scientifically investigate issues relevant to advanced nursing education and nursing practice.
- Evaluate personal achievements, professional growth and excellence in practice.
- Create conductive teaching learning and working environment within the campus.
- Conduct open house meeting for getting critical feedback for the bringing change in the campus environment.
- Emphasize the ethical, cultural and professional values.
- Arrange professional programs such as seminar, workshop, poster competition, and debate etc.
- Participation of students, faculty members to attend professional development programs / sessions in other nursing and non-nursing institutions.
- Practice high quality nursing care to clients at the highest level based on current knowledge from pure and applied sciences.
- Analyze and relate the nursing practice on philosophy, policy, and standards of nursing profession.
- Carry out leadership skills at the highest level within the political, social and health care systems within nursing profession.
- Educate clients, members of staff and trainees from various schools of nursing.
- Collaborate with other health care stakeholders in the delivery of comprehensive nursing, health and related medical care.
- Train skilled nurses for existing health care system in Pakistan to reduce the burden of diseases.
- Utilize the nursing process in provision of cost-effective high quality nursing care to clients with different nursing and health related services.
- Keep abreast with up-to-date knowledge and skills through continuous self-development.
- Create research culture so that students, faculty, staff, and management can utilize or participate in research studies.
- Conduct, disseminate and utilize research findings in the improvement of nursing and related services.
- Assume responsibility for career development and participation in life-long learning.